January 15, 2008

Review: Pilot Hi-Tec-C 0.25mm (Blue Ink)


Get the Pilot Hi-Tec-C at JetPens.com.

The Pen Addict has moved to www.penaddict.com.

I was a bit hesitant with the 0.25mm tip size when ordering this pen, but it turns out I actually like it quite a bit. I can't use it for any heavy duty writing like the Hi-Tec-C 0.4mm pens, but it definitely has its place.

The pen barrel size and weight feel nearly perfect in my hand, but I have noticed some minor inconsistencies between models. First off, the 0.25mm model does not have the rubber grip like the 0.4mm model, despite the barrel width appearing to be the exact same size and weight. Secondly, when I take the cap off the 0.25mm model, it is a fight to click it on to the end of the pen. With the 0.4mm model, it goes on too easily and actually spins around when I write, which is a bit annoying. I need a happy medium! (You can see the cap off photos here)

None of the above are a deal breaker, but these minor little things make me favor the Pilot Hi-Tec-C Coleto barrel over these regular models.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I've never been a fan of the form factor of the Coleto, but I agree the standard hi-tec-c has some issues with the body itself too.

I prefer either the slim knock or the couleur (harder to find, higher end version of the slim knock, but a very nice pen) for times when I need a small pen, or the multi-pen or cavalier otherwise. Of course, those last two are much more expensive unfortunately.